Saturday, October 21, 2006

Gilbert's not gonna drop 50 on the Suns.....OR IS HE?


Is Gilbert still going to drop 50 on the Suns? This is part of what he had to say after he was cut from Team USA:

"I'm going to be the silent assassin this year," he said. "I can't wait to play the Suns and Portland. Against Portland, Nate McMillan, I'm going to try to score 100 in two games and against D'Antoni, I'm going to score 100 in two games. I'm going to try."
D'Antoni responded in typical fashion with his tongue in cheek style
"I saw that. I can see why he's a little upset that he didn't make the team. He shouldn't be. It's an honor to be among the top 25. But also, I'm an assistant coach. He has to understand that. But the only guy he can take it out on is me and (Portland coach) Nate McMillan. And you know what? With our defense, he has a chance to get 100. God love him. I hope he can do it. But all I can say is 100 might not be enough."
In his blog on nba.com, this is what Arenas had to say yesterday
Its hard when you’re out there doing everything that coach says and you’re one of the premier players in the NBA but you can’t get three minutes on a team that doesn’t have Kobe, Kevin Garnett, Chauncey, Jason Kidd … and you’re looking out there and you’re second guessing yourself and like, “Am I good enough? What’s going on?”

I think that’s why I got frustrated. I was frustrated I’m not playing, but it was still a team thing. So that’s when I lashed out. I sat back and I was like, “Damn.” To an extent I shouldn’t have done that, because it wasn’t their fault.

So what exactly is going to happen? Honestly, I do hope Arenas plays with a chip on his shoulder - that would make thinks really interesting. Because he will probably be guarded with the guy on our team who has a perennial chip on his shoulder - Raja Bell. That would be one hell of a match up! Don't you think?

Other points on the Arenas list:
  • "We have to beat Miami. We’re 0-16 against them. Since I’ve been here, we have not won yet. I’m not counting … but yeah, we’re 0-16. " Apparently, Wade rubbed it in during the Las Vegas camp.
  • I want politicians coming to me and asking me for advice … I know nothing about politics, but, hey. So if I can control the people in D.C., then they have to come talk to me.
  • I want to set up restaurants and get into Starbucks.
  • I ordered a Maybach, you know, the 57. It’s a one-of-one. They made it for the movie “Memoirs of a Geisha.” They made it for that movie.
And yeah, you guys do know that he recently bought himself a high-altitude tent right?

M

No comments: